What's the Online Video Market
According to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research, a one-minute video is worth 1.8 million words. Do you have time and energy to write that many words? That is equivalent to about 3,000 web pages. If you started today it would take about 150 days to write as much as a one-minute video is worth. When you look at it that way, online video marketing is the single most practical use for your marketing time and energy. If you are still not convinced of online video marketing’s power, below are a few more facts to get you to notice.
1. Forrester Research found that videos were 50 times more likely to receive an organic first page ranking than traditional text pages.
2. According to comScore, 45.4% percent of Internet users view at least one video online over the course of a month.
3. Social media sites and video go hand in hand and most sites encourage video posting and sharing.
4. The average user is exposed to an average of 32.2 videos in a month, increasing the chances that your marketing message will be seen.
5. 90% percent of online shoppers at a major retailer’s website who said they find video helpful in making shopping and buying decisions. Retailers who provide online video to show off their products report that the products with video sell a lot more than products with no video.
6. 75% percent of executives told Forbes that they watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
7. According to comScore, the average user spends 16 minutes and 49 seconds watching online video every month.